Notary Public Service » FAQ for Notarial Services » Notarial Certificates and Affidavits as to Identity

Call us on 02 4940 4602

Notarial Certificates and Affidavits as to Identity

It may be the case that different variations or spellings of your name are used on the documents you are required to send overseas. (For example maiden names or shorted versions of your name).

If this is the case, governments will need a notarial certificate stating that, despite the fact that the documents state different names, you are indeed one and the same person. This is an easy process, which simply requires you to book an appointment with your Notary Public and bring the documents bearing the variations of your name along with some other forms of identity. These can include:

  • Passports
  • International Driving Licenses
  • Marriage and Birth Certificates

Your Notary Public can then verify your identity in order that whatever process you are going through overseas can be completed without problem.